Thursday, September 22, 2011

Spicy Garlic Green Beans



I'm literally on Cloud 9 right now. 

I got a text from Andy during my lunch break today that said something along the lines that one of his good friends got me an "in" at a local fine dining restaurant and that he would explain more when he got home.

So on his way home, he called me and said that the executive chef at said restaurant said I could swing by sometime next week to talk with him.  They didn't have any openings for help in the kitchen, but I could help part-time and work directly with him - kind of like having a mentor.  I mean, it doesn't get any better than that - a young chef's dream!

I don't want to divulge any real details yet... mainly because I'm nervous as hell and don't even have anything set in stone.  So once I actually meet with the chef next week, I'm sure I'll have more to tell you guys!  But seriously, I'm stoked!

Anyway, by now, you can probably tell I like green beans.  I mean, with recipes likes this one, and this one... I'm a green bean gal.  So playing around with some green beans we recently got in our CSA, I kind of melded the above two recipes into one tasty little side perfect all by itself, or alongside a main dish!

Ingredients:
Adapted from Sunny Side Up in San Diego's Recipe
 

1 lb. green beans, trimmed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a large bowl, combine green beans, garlic, and cayenne pepper.  Drizzle about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil over and toss to coat well.  Season mixture with salt and pepper.

Grease a baking sheet and spread green beans onto sheet in an even layer.

Bake for about 10 minutes, or until green beans are crisp, yet tender. 

This was seriously one tasty green bean!  It was garlicky, and had a punch of heat added in to wake up the senses! 


I'm in an exclamation type of mood, so you'll have to bear with me!  I'm one excited girl right now - and I can't wait to update you guys!  Have a great Thursday and I'll see you tomorrow for a sweet treat to end the week!

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job. I hope everything pans out for you!!!

    Those beans look really great. I love green beans, but never tried combining them with spice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on ur new job....
    Beans look delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job! And thanks for an amazing idea with what to do with the last of my green beans from this week. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yay! Congratulations on this new adventure! It sounds terribly exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay,,,Congrats,is great oportunity,it's gonna be fun,doing what you love to do,,,green bean and garlic,can't go wrong,looks delicious :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you on a well deserved opportunity. That is so exciting! You should be able to use as many exclamation marks as you want when giving this kind of news!! I can't wait for more details!!! I think having a mentor is a wonderful thing. I know you'll do great. And on to the recipe, well it's perfect. I would not change a thing. Looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on this great opportunity. You can study the nook and corner of restaurant kitchen business. By the way green beans looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That's so exciting!! You will learn so much! This past wknd was the first time I ever liked the green beans that came with my entree & I think it's because they had a kick to them. I'm going to have to try your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beans look amazing but WHAT GREAT NEWS! I'm SO excited for you! You must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats Peggy
    this baked beans look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big *fingers crossed* for your new venture working out! I would be so excited too!

    The green beans look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Very exciting - can't wait to hear the details...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such exciting news!! Can't wait to hear how your meeting goes!! I like green beans too so keep the green bean recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is super exciting and super wonderful news! Can see why you love green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun dish you've made with your CSA bounty. Oh, and good luck with the job lead! Sounds like a great experience is right on your horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a simple and nice looking recipe and best of luck on whats waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These beans sound delicious especially since I love cayenne!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Doesn't get better than that; What an opportunity for you. My son is a chef, so have a good idea what you will be living. Enjoy!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  20. green beans are so good, this recipe looks amazing and so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooooo look at this!! I love green beans...one of the best sides in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Peggy! That's great news! Congratulations!! I know you'll do and learn amazing things! You're so clever and talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! And the beans look super!i love green beans too.. all the very best!

    Richa @Hobby And More Food Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best of luck to you on your new opportunities! These green beans look great... you had me at spicy and garlicky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. First - Yeah green beans! My favorite! Second - OMG!!! How exciting!!!!! I can't wait to hear how everything unfolds for you. It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very excited for you! Good Luck! And those green beans look delicious. I have not used cayenne pepper with my beans before, I will have to give this a shot! ~Allison @thehonestdietitian.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails