Monday, September 5, 2011

Peach & Clove Ice Cream


Happy Labor Day guys!

I always joke that this is my day... well, because my last name is "Labor".  I know, I'm a dork.

I thought I'd celebrate the day by sharing a special treat with you guys!

This was the first time I had busted out my ice cream maker all season long.  And I had to make it perfect if I was going to get Andy to like it - he's got this crazy belief that "dessert should not include fruit" - so if I was going to make this, and make him like it - it had to be incredible.

And you know what?  He LOVED it!  Albeit... he did mix it with a crumbled up brownie and drizzle it with chocolate syrup - but hey, I'll still take it as a win!  Me?  I enjoy the simple flavors of the peaches, and interesting addition of the cloves.  I like to savor every bite of this one, because it truly is one of my favorites!

Ingredients:
Adapted from Oklahoma Peach Fuzz's recipe


1-1/3 lbs ripe peaches (about 6), peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Triple Sec

1 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
juice from 1 lime

Combine peaches, water, cloves, and Triple Sec in medium nonreactive saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peaches are soft and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat.  Mix in sugar, and set aside to cool to room temperature.

Add peach mixture to food processor with Greek yogurt, heavy cream, milk, vanilla, and lime juice. Process until smooth. Chill thoroughly in refrigerator, about 6-8 hours. Once chilled, transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.



Happy Labor Day guys - I'll be spending the day relaxing and not thinking about having to return to work tomorrow!

27 comments:

  1. What beautiful ice cream! I bet it is rich and creamy with both Greek yogurt and cream! Enjoy the last of your holiday weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination of flavors. Look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even have an ice cream maker but this sounds like an awesome combination! I love cloves! They sound so good with peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This ice cream so makes me wish that I had an ice cream maker! What a wonderful end-of-summer treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been intrigued by ice cream makers. And peaches and cloves sounds like such a delicious flavour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colour is so peaches, sure taste great with peaches flavored,YUM :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing! Wow---I'm sure I would have devoured it without brownie/choc syrup, but that sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loe peach ice cream, but almost impossible to find; yours looks fabulously good.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ice cream. Cloves is indeed an interesting addition. I wish I had an ice cream maker too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Cloves in ice cream...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I like that this recipe doesn't use any egg yolks--I always have to figure out what to do with all of the egg whites after I make ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Labor Day! How did you enjoy "your" day?? =P
    I've only made fro yo with my ice cream maker, but this recipe looks, and sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. delicious ice cream, slurp......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds fabulous! Hope you had a great "Labor" day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cloves must have given that ice cream such a great flavor. I adore homemade peach ice cream. It takes me right back to my childhood visits to my aunt and uncle's house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Peggy Day! I love the ice-cream! Triple Sec and peaches? Yes, please! I bet the cloves gave it an amazing peppery taste....BRAVO! I don't know why I didn't do this before - but I'm following you now on Google Follower. I've been following you anyway - you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yogurt in it sounds good i like it delicious looking ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! What beauty! I love all the flavors and ingredients. I'm the total opposite--I LOVE fruit in my desserts! However, this ice cream doesn't sound too bad with a brownie ;-) Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Peggy Day! Love it. This post and this ice cream. Great combo of tastes here. I would probably be like your bf and add brownies as well. I eat like a dude. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha! Happy belated Labor Day Peggy! I bet every one of your friend thought about you when they said Happy Labor Day. ;-) This ice cream looks and sounds soooo good! I stopped making ice cream this year already, but I must keep this one for next year. Thank you for sharing - glad to hear Andy liked it despite there were toppings! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous ice-cream, I will simply like the mixed flavor with the yogurt inside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How nice is that with peach and clove, love this flavour! It's getting warmer in Australia and I'm thinking of getting an ice-cream maker to try this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. definitely bookmarking this under 'must make asap' :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heavenly! I love peach ice cream and you hardly ever see it. Great addition with the clove :) How could he not love it! Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanx for the bloggie love on my SRC post. I so need a ice cream maker. The recipes have been everywhere lately.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow. it's really a good contribution to us guys not good at icecream, you know i did some cakes before but the taste it's not good, then i quit, so if you have interesting, you can load to women rolex watches

    visit my new make up, give me your advice, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails