Thursday, September 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Quick Bread


Happy Thursday guys!  I'm absolutely exhausted from this week already!  And I've got to work through Saturday before I get to have my "weekend"!  Hopefully I'll make it.

I'm pretty stoked that tonight - in about 30 minutes, the official NFL regular season starts!  Football season is probably my favorite time of year.  Go Eagles!  And as an avid Peyton Manning-hater... I'm glad the sad little puppy dog is sitting out for a couple of months, but I digress.

Let's talk peanut butter.  I've found a new love.  Move over JIF (I keep it old school), I've got a new favorite.  And I'm pretty sure I'm late on this bandwagon, too.  But better late than never!  Peanut Butter & Co. Bee's Knees is the SHIZ!  I find myself just eating spoonfuls throughout the day because it's so good.  So I knew that using up the last bit of it in this bread was bittersweet because I'd be using up the last of it (I can always restock right?!), but also genius, because when you use good ingredients, good things happen right?  Right!

Ingredients:
Adapted from the 1945 Edition of The Boston Cooking School Cook Book


2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup peanut butter (I highly recommend using PB&Co!)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk

Glaze:


1 tablespoon heavy cream
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Using a fork, incorporate peanut butter and beaten egg.  Stir in milk until a smooth batter is formed.

Grease a loaf pan and pour in batter.  Bake for about 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Let rest on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.

To make glaze, combine cream, powdered sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.

Remove bread from pan and pour glaze over top. 


This was pretty tasty.  If you're a peanut butter lover, you'd definitely love this!  It's something I don't see a lot of - especially when zucchini breads are so popular right now!  Hey... zucchini peanut butter bread - I think I may be on to something.  I'll experiment and get back to you guys!

See you guys tomorrow!  It's TGIF!

37 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I just bought my first jar of PB & Co. this past weekend. Got the dark chocolate one. It's pretty good! I didn't see the one you used here. I assume that one is a honey flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I love peanut butter. I really think a PB + Zucchini bread would be awesome, the flavors (cinnamon and such) go together well. I'm super excited about football as well, but I'm a life-long Packers fan here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread look's like the "Bees Knees"! That looks delicious! I love PB& Co. They have a little restaurant in NYC and it's so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM,,,sound delicious,i love peanut butter,i will save this recipe,thanks for sharing :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious peanut butter bread. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1945 edition? That must be quite a good'ol classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peggy! I'm REALLY late on the bandwagon...I just heard of this the first time a couple of weeks ago...but it's on my grocery list! The bread looks amazing and we love peanut butter with honey...so that's the one I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would sure disappear QUICKly in my house! PATRIOTS!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut Butter bread, really? I think I am in love!! I am trying to think if I can justify making this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm... makes a PB&J all the simpler to make! Looks absolutely scrumptious, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peggy... you ALWAYS make delicious stuff and know what everyone likes to eat! This looks so perfect and I think it's a big hit among all the kids for playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. U know what, Peggy! My hubby will go crazy with this Bread!! I'm in trouble cause I can't bake. Hahaha! Have a romantic weekend, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a bit crazy over anything peanut butter so this quick bread will go down a treat with me! Definitely bookmarked for making, like tomorrow :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a fan of peanut butter Peggy but your outcome of using it is lovely, I am sure those who love peanut butter will be drooling over the lovely pic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blog! Such cute pictures of you and your finance - this recipe sounds wonderful - I love peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my. This sounds amazing. Imagine it spread with peanut butter... Ha! I might made this for my husband for breakfast while I'm away. (If I'm not here to make him oatmeal, he eats really sugary cereal for breakfast)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I've seen that brand of peanut butter, and the bread looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't go wrong with peanut butter. I would love to make this for a weekend breakfast treat. Crave worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This bread is awesome, love that protein packed peanut butter in there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man I wish we could get samples through the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A new quick bread to try! Looks great!

    PS...are you sure you aren't a little sad for us Colts' fans?????

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love PB&Co...yum! PB in bread sounds like heaven to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. PB and Co is great stuff. I can understand it being bittersweet to use up the last, but I bet the bread is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW this bread looks wonderful moist and packed with peanut butter! Would it be that terrible if I would eat it with some jam? I love the peanut/jam combo =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Peggy, holy cow! I'm probably going home to make this tonight, it sounds like my perfect bread!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that's something great to bake on the weekend. I've given you an award, please checkout at my blog. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That bread looks so good! I am going to have to get me some of that peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  28. anything with quick and bread works for me. peanut butter bread oh the possibilities! lovely thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. mmm peanut butter :) oh man, that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  30. PB & Co is addicting isn't it? I used to buy the white chocolate dream and dark chocolate version to eat with apples.... I think some days it was moe like topping peanut butter with a bit of apple LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. This idea excites me; I love peanut butter, unfortunately the other half isn't crazy for it - more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This bread so appeals to the peanut butter lover within. Now if I could only resist tossing in some chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Peanut butter is my ultimate vice. Thanks for helping to feed my addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Peanut butter and I have been have a rather heated affair lately. Im not sure if I really need an excuse to use more of it ;)
    Who am I kidding - I don't even need an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am DEFINITELY trying this although I won't find that brand in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. In the oven right now! I'll let you know how it comes out :) I LOVE Bee's Knees peanut butter- I find myself having trouble liking regular PB!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails