Thursday, December 30, 2010

What Will 2011 Bring?

Well, with New Year's Eve being tomorrow, I thought maybe I'd do my top highlights of 2010 and what I hope to accomplish/work towards in 2011.

What happened in 2010???


#1.  I got engaged! - of course this has to be on the top of the list.  And it's hard to believe that it happened almost a year ago!  While normal people don't stay engaged for a long time, Andy and I don't mind it.  Sure... we want to get married.  But weddings cost money.  And when we're ready, and financially stable... there will be a phenomenal wedding, don't you worry.

Zappa: Help me mommy, there is a crazy man behind me

 Yup... I'm marrying him (and no, I do not mean the dog). =)

#2.  I'm still blogging! - I can't believe it.  Almost a year and a half and I'm still at it!  I couldn't do it without you guys!  So hopefully I continue well into 2011 and beyond.


#3.  I made the decision to go to culinary school.  After I finish my bachelor's in Biology.  I've been in school long enough, and I'm so so close to being finished, that I owe it to myself to not just let it go by the way side.  And science plays a big role in cooking, so it may prove to be beneficial in culinary school!


#4.  I bought a new car!  Yep, a 2009 Ford Focus.  Great gas mileage, practical, and gets me from point A to point B.  All I could ask for in a vehicle.  We'll save the shiny sports cars for a later life.

#5.  We went to Savannah, GA.  Although it was a cheap vacation (my brother lived there, so hello? no hotel fees!, but now he lives near West Palm Beach - so you can probably guess what this summer's vacation will be), it was exciting and an absolute beautiful place!

So what do I want out of 2011?  
And although they're numbered, these aren't in any particular order...

#1.  Do more (or at least 1!) Daring Cook's Challenge.  I joined the site over a year ago, but have actually never participated.  I don't know if it was lack of time, confidence, or what... but I'm telling myself that I'm going to challenge myself and do a challenge or two, or three... you get the point.

#2.  Make a cooking video for the blog.  Yeah, me... on the blog... in a video.  It's gonna happen.  I hope.

#3.  Actually make wedding plans.  I want to at least finalize a venue.  We keep going back and forth (mainly because we keep seeing amazing venues) on where to get married.


#4.  Cover more Louisville Food Events.  Louisville has so many food-related events that I'm surprised I haven't attended more of them.  I'm really hoping my sister can pull through and get me tickets to Desserts First (she's working on an internship with a Louisville social magazine that covers charitable events, and this is the first event she's writing an article on!).

#5.  Plan a group vacation.  My group of friends has already discussed this.  We really want to head out to Vegas.  Whether Vegas or somewhere else, we'll have a ball... and probably end up in some sort of trouble.... but that's half the fun, right?

So yeah, simple, achievable goals... right?  Right.

What about you guys?  What do you love most out of your 2010?  And what are your goals for 2011??

19 comments:

  1. What an eventful year! Your goals are definitely achievable... good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an eventful year. wishing that all your goals for 2011 will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of 2010 was starting massage therapy school! 2011 will be the year of me graduating, getting licensed, and being a massage therapist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year you had and sounds like 2011 is going to be even more fulfilling and busy. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list. Ryan and I moved across the country and we traveled to NYC and Boston. We have had a busy year...and you have too! Our cousin just moved to Savannah, and I'm hoping we can make a trip happen this Spring. Thank you for sharing. Many blessings tomorrow and in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for all the good and best wishes for your D day :)

    May all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like 2010 was a great year for you! Hope the New Year will be even better and may even include a beautiful wedding. :-) All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for being engaged; that's my favorite! I love the recaps to get to know you a bit more since I'm new :)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, its been a good year! Next year is going to be even better :D
    Wishing you a fab 2011. Happy New Years to you and your family :)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post Peggy! Wishing you and your fiance only good things in 2011. Love is in the air.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an year ! Hope all your dreams come true ---Have a Great 2011 !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a seriously awesome year in 2010! Here's to another great one in 2011! I've been thinking about joining Daring Cooks as well...maybe this will be the year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm SO excited for 2011! I have my post about it going up this morning. I think you have great and very achievable things you hope for out of this upcoming year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a fabulous year!
    A group vacay sounds like bunches of fun---you'll have a blast doing that!

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very Happy new year to you n ur family , loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!!

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun foods for little eaters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an eventful year!

    Best of luck with finishing school and then culinary school- I most certainly agree science and cooking are fraternal twins....if they were people...i'll stop haha. I think you will be fabulous!

    Looking forward to reading more in the New Year and have a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like such a great year Peggy! Can we motivate each other when it comes to Daring Cooks!? I joined as well and still haven't participated either!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice list of very achievable goals... hope you have a happy and healthy 2011, Dom x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails