Friday, December 17, 2010

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie


Happy Friday!  I'm off this weekend so it's definitely a great Friday!  Andy and I are about to head out to dinner and have some drinks with some friends, but I thought I'd cap off the week with the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.

The chocolate chip cookie is one of those cookies that, once you find that perfect recipe, you don't switch it out.  One that you always make when you find yourself with that craving for chocolate chip cookies.  And everybody's perfect chocolate chip cookie is different.  I'm a soft and chewy gal.  Andy, he's pretty much a "I love every chocolate chip cookie known to man" kind of guy.  So, needless to say, this was a winner for both of us.  And for once, I made a cookie and had absolutely no leftovers to bring to work.  And I didn't feel guilty.  Is that bad?  Hehe.

What's your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?

And don't forget to read until the end and vote in the poll (after the recipe!) for next week's dessert!  


Ingredients:
Adapted from Buns In My Oven's Recipe


1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick of chilled butter (8 tablespoons) cut into small cubes
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 & 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, beat both sugars and butter cubes until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.  Add in egg, vanilla, and baking soda and beat for another minute or two.

Mix in flour and salt.  Beat on a low speed until just incorporated.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Spoon batter onto parchment paper, making your cookies the desired size.  I did a nice heaping tablespoon full on each of my cookies and had the perfect "two-hand" cookie.  You know, the cookie you want to hold in both hands and just grin from ear to ear after each and every bite.  You know what I mean, right?  Right.

Bake in oven for about 16-18 minutes and then cool cookies on cooling rack.  The cookies will be soft and chewy, and gone in no time flat!  You might want to double the recipe if you're planning on feeding more than 2!  Hehe!


Well, the first poll I did went pretty well, so I've decided to do another one!  I have a couple different options so just pick your favorite and we'll see who wins next week! 




41 comments:

  1. A perfect name for this chocolate chip cookie. Looks so yummy!
    Please come to my blog and join a little Christmas giveaway.
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look great!

    I love chewy chocolate chip cookies with pecans and sometimes a lil dried fruit mixed in! nom.

    and i voted for dessert bread!!! mmmm bread.

    Hope you and Andy have a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look absolutely perfect! I would love some right now with a glass of ice cold milk!

    I voted for the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious.Can crunch on this any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my absolute FAVORITE kind of cookie. I'm not just saying that either I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. The only thing that would make these better is if they were at my house.

    And dessert bread please! I voted but I figure it can't hurt to say something too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a soft and chewy kind of girl too! My favorite is the Tollhouse recipe. And white chocolate macadamia! These look yummy, too! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks devourable and great.. just perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing says bliss as much as a chocolate chip cookie when its still warm out of the oven. I could do with a few of these right now, they look yummy.

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your visit!!...I will follow you....your chocolate cookies are so yummy!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a soft and chewy kinda gal too so I know I would love this recipe. Those cookies look so yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any occasion and event!

    ReplyDelete
  12. chocolate chips cookies looks awesome.Love to have some now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks perfect-thin and chocolatey.Who ever christened would have tasted the real cookie in life :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel more like Andy feels. Everything that has chocolate is good enough for me. These cookies look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Peggy,

    Beautiful cookies...:0Perfect...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie!
    Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy, nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie :-D

    My best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everyone needs a chocolate chip cookie every now and then...mostly now! And these look delicious! Happy baking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Peggy...love the name of this blog and the space as well....thx for ur valuable comments....c u again.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chocolate chip cookies look so yummy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every cook needs at least one good recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This one sounds like a winner. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm having a cup of tea now. Those cookies look so great! That would be great if you pass me one:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. No leftovers? These cookies must be some serious winners then. I love a good chewy chocolate chip cookie. In fact, now you've set off one serious craving!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look delish! I think I'll always be searching for the perfect CC cookie, it's part of the fun of being an avid baker. Still, this looks like a top-runner.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to try this recipe. I am always on the lookout for the perfect choc-chip cookies recipe. Thanks for sharing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nothing can beat this cookie...absolutely yumm

    ReplyDelete
  27. They do look pretty perfect, but how bout if you send some to me? Then I can tell you for sure!!! :D
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who can say no to these cookies!! They are my all-time favourite. Yours looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Peggy, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Love your blog and especially these chocolate chip cookies...with a tall glass of cold milk! Mmmmm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope the weekend was as fun as you hoped. I'm a soft and chewy ccc fan myself. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These cookies do indeed look perfect. I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in ages! I have all kinds of Christmas goodies up my sleeve this week, but maybe you've inspired me to make some chocolate chip cookies soon when the holiday rush winds down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm starting to think that the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie doesn't really exist, although some may come close... Yours certainly do look like they could be in the running!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are right; the look like the PErfect Chocolate chipp cookies. I worked on a recipe for a few years until they thought it was perfec, but mine has oatmeal. YOur recipe is sure tempting me. I'm with you chocolate cookis are good!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  34. The package of cookies must have been lost in the mail. You need to send another one...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have tried countless chocolate chip cookie recipes, but this one is the best I've ever made. They're flawless; crispy at the edges but soft in the centre. The ratio of dough to chocolate chips is perfect. They taste spectacular even days after they're made--that is, the few times they've actually lasted that long.
    I honestly can't thank you enough for this recipe, but I'll just say that my recipe search ends here, and that I will never need another chocolate chip cookie recipe as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails