Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Cold.

Source
Yeah, I think the title of this post says it all. 

It's.  Friggin'.  Cold. 

And icy. 

Andy had to bring me to work today because everything was a sheet of ice and I didn't really feel like having my car "accidentally" slide into another car... because I know that's what would have happened if I drove.  I just know it.  I'm proud to say that I maneuvered across the sidewalk without falling, so that was an accomplishment.

Andy's shop closed up early today too, so we got to spend the afternoon together.  Which pretty much consisted of going to get some lunch and currently I'm baking some peanut butter cookies.  Yup, the house smells AWESOME right now.

So hopefully tomorrow will be a little safer on the roadways.  And I definitely know tomorrow is gonna be good anyway because it's FRIDAY!  And I've got the weekend off, so it's going to be splendid!

Have a great Thursday... well what's left of it anyway.  And stay warm!

14 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, love when that peanut butter smell permeates the whole house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures it is wonderful to make during this season
    happy holidays Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely cold! I would love to enter into what I call my winter hibernation mode, but alas, the holidays prevent that from happening for a few more weeks. Why does EVERYONE insist on throwing a party?!? Sigh. Baking is definitely a good thing to do in this cold weather, it's what I did last Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely click peggy ! and hope the warm festive spirits surround u & ur loved ones !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya about the cold! It was -21 here today. FREEEEEZING!!! Ice everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it safe!! Say off the road, if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really scary. glad you made it safe. Stay inside the house. Hope you have electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peanut butter cookies are a great way to spend a cold and blustery afternoon. But I do hope that it warms up for you two! Driving and commuting in those conditions can be scary. Thank you for sharing with me, week after week. Sending love and good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, beautiful picture :-)

    Have a great weekend.

    My best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's freezing in N.J. We got hit by an ice storm yesterday. Lots of slipping and sliding on the roads. So jealous you are headed to culinary school. I would to do that. Hope you have a safe day today. Lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy optimistic post! Love it.

    And the smell of PB cookies...oh my lord good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an amazing photo. I got the chills just looking at. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a cold week here/Long Island too.The canal covered by ice.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails