Thursday, August 25, 2011

Zucchini Frittata


Good morning! 

I woke up with a killer cramp in my calf this morning, so I'm slowly limping around the house.  As time passes, it seems to be getting better... but it doesn't look like I'll be getting my run in today.  I figure I better let it rest up and I'll get back at it Saturday.

I'm pretty stoked today because I get to take a little roadtrip to Danville, KY to meet up with a few other Kentucky Food Bloggers.  We're doing a tasting of a few restaurants tonight and I'm really excited to actually meet these awesome bloggers in person.  I'll definitely post pictures and a review of the experience next week!

I made this frittata when we had tons of zucchini from our CSA.  It was quick, easy, and my only complaint... I used too big of a pan, so it looks rather thin (and more like an omelette) than an actual frittata.  Oh well, it still tasted mighty good!

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon olive oil
2 zucchini, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
6 eggs
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup milk

In a medium skillet under medium high heat, add about 1 & 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.  Add zucchini and saute until starting to brown, about 5-7 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Remove zucchini and set aside.

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.  Season with salt and pepper.  Heat a non-stick skillet under medium low heat and add remaining 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil.  Coat pan with oil.

Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let cook until the egg starts to solidify, about 2-3 minutes.  Spread the zucchini over top of the eggs and top with cheddar cheese.  Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until egg is cooked through and cheese is melted.

Slice and serve right away.

This was simple, delicious, and easy.  You could have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  It's perfect for any time of day!  Feel free to swap out the ingredients for what you have, and add whatever you like!  Frittatas are versatile like that =)


Have a great Thursday guys!

24 comments:

  1. I am up to my happy elbows in zucchini so this will be made. And savored. Hope the cramp goes away very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making frittatas. This zucchini frittata looks really tasty and I will have to give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your cramps goes away soon. This frittata looks delicious..... I love zucchini so i"ll be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use zucchini. Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your cramp..never pleasant:/
    but your frittata look heavenly..love the color, it bring smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing. I have a bunch of zucchini in the crisper right now... they were so cheap at the market last weekend that I couldn't resist picking some up!
    That leg cramp sounds really unpleasant... I feel your pain. Literally. I used to get them a lot when I was training for a 60K 2-day walk a couple of years ago, and I'd limp around like a gangsta rapper for a day afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum! will be making this recipe to use up some zucchini i have in the frig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exiting to meet other bloggers! I hope your cramp goes away soon. Happy eating and ps…love the omelet/frittata!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The frittata sounds delicious and I can't wait to hear about your meet with other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Peggy! I feel like I'm always apologizing for missing so many of your posts = )

    Anyhoo, I'm sorry for missing so many of your posts! Since I'm back home in my host country, I have such a hard time finding zucchini easily, but it's a veggie that I just LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous frittata, this looks so delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I'm loving all the recipes I'm seeing for zucchini. This looks like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I like a good zucchini frittata, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this Peggy, it sounds so hearty and filling for breakfast! I love fritatas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks tasty , think or thick! :) Hope your dinner went well with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love zucchini & this frittata looks so healthy! I could easily gobble up everything. Hahaha! Have a good weekend, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice Peggy, will make this for my hubby to be paired with bread, esp for dinner.

    You have a good time with fellow bloggers and the food tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so delicious. I love zucchini and know it would be fantastic in this frittata. I can't wait to try this sometime for breakfast. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yum, this looks awesome Peggy! I'd love to find this waiting for me for a lazy Sunday breakfast. Hope your leg feels better soon and have fun at the blogger get-together. Happy weekend, Karen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm always looking for new ways to cook zucchini - we're getting so much lately via the garden and the market... so i guess i'm really doing it to myself. But this is helpful! Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Zucchini Frittata looks so perfect for weekend breakfast!
    Btw, I hope your cramp is gone and didn't give you a hard time during your restaurant hopping last night!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect Snack! :)

    -
    Kavi, Edible Entertainment
    www.myedibles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your site is wonderful. I’m so satisfied to have discovered you.I appreciate to this one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails