Monday, August 15, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies


Happy Monday!  It's that time again, Secret Recipe Club reveal!

What is Secret Recipe Club?  Well, it's the brainchild of Amanda from Amanda's Cookin'.  You are assigned a "secret" blog to cook one dish from and post on the given reveal date.

I love how the group has just grown so much since I first joined!  This will be my third SRC post and definitely not my last!  I just love discovering new blogs to ogle over!

This month, I received Edesia's Notebook.  This blog was new to me, but as soon as I was assigned this blog, I knew I would be a regular!  With things like Slow Cooker Garlic Soy Drumsticks to Ginger Scallion Rice, it was hard to choose!  It all looks delicious!

Andy was being especially good, so I thought I'd treat him to a special treat.  I picked Edesia's Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies a.k.a. Better Than Crack Brownies.  I mean, chocolate & Reese Cups?  Two of Andy's favorite things combined into one stellar brownie.  And it couldn't be easier to put together either!  Let's get to it!

Ingredients:
Adapted from Edesia's Notebook's recipe


1 box brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate)
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
about 8 Reese's peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
1 & 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (I used PB & Co.'s Bees Knees)
1 & 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Make the brownies as directed on the box in a 9x13” pan.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Remove the brownies from the oven and top with the peanut butter cups and peanuts. Place the brownies back into the oven and bake an additional 6 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Remove the brownies from the oven.

In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter for about 45 seconds. Stir until smooth.  Then stir in the Rice Krispies.


Pour the Rice Krispies mixture over the brownies and let cool. Refrigerate for at least two hours until serving.  This was definitely the hardest part because I totally wanted to dig straight into them!  But trust me, well worth the wait!

Okay, these were seriously one of the best brownies ever.  I even tried to take some leftovers to work and Andy practically held them hostage.  So yeah, they were THAT good.

I had a friend over for dinner that night and gave him a couple to take home for his roommates - Andy didn't see me do this and when he noticed a couple brownie slices were missing, he definitely interrogated me until I confessed.  I didn't know he was keeping track - duly noted for next time.

I got a text later on in the week that read "umm, (roommate's name) says that brownie was better than crack".  I don't want to know how they know this, but hey - I take it as a compliment.

So yeah, trust me - you want to make yourself a batch of these babies.  But I can't promise that you'll want to share them.  Ask Andy.


55 comments:

  1. I'm glad your family and friends enjoyed these brownies, Peggy! Your pictures are beautiful.

    Your blog is new to me as well, so I look forward to exploring all the yummy things you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I wonder if she'd let me join even though my blog is not exclusively food-related?

    These look yummy! They combine 2 of my husband's favorite things too (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look amazing! Loving SRC too, and this was only my first month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amaaaaaazing. I can almost taste them...and just imagining the texture makes me hungry. Your dessert pictures always kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret recipe club sounds like fun--especially if you get to make brownies for it :D And brownies + rice krispies crunch?? I've gotta give that a go. I always love your recipes, so if you say yes to someone else's, I'm all in for that too

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous looking brownies Peggy, will bake for my colleagues to try out as we at home are not too big into desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a brownie freak. I can tell these are delish by reading the recipe. Making these SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness those look wonderful.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are the most delicious brownies I have ever seen! Beautiful photos and great recipe. I am definitely going to be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so gooey and very yummy. Nice flavors...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heavens...these brownies DO look like they're better than crack (NOT that I would know what crack's like, but you know what I mean!). Great flavors and recipe choice for the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty sure my bf would eat ANYTHING with PB and chocolate together (and I'm only slightly exaggerating hehe). This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ZOMG, I need to make these. Totally saving the recipe. Andy's really cute! However, I think I might act like him if I do decide to make these. Do you know I've never made a brownie before? Should I feel guilty about using a box? I hope you guys had a great couples weekend with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just combined two of my favorite things ever, brownies and peanut butter! And I love the addition of rice krispies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look really good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lord! These brownies could be one of the best things I've seen today! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM, these look amazing! I love peanut butter and chocolate together...the perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look delicious!!!

    I loved your comment about being "better than crack".

    Going to bookmark them now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Photo has spoken....they look amazingly good:)
    http://mywanderingspoon.wordpress.com/2011/08/14/seafood-lunch-the-beach-smores-real-taste-of-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so funny! I had a good laugh reading your post. Next time make sure you make a double batch…just in case…people run out of crack.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yum. I've been meaning to try Jessica's recipe since forever, great pick :)

    To hear that they really are better than crack is an awesome compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect brownie combo to me! Love your pictures too. I need to check out the SRC. I have seen so much of it lately but have never looked at what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! Peanut butter in chocolate is obviously a classic combination for a reason! Never would have thought to use cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. peanut butter crunch brownies looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. these brownies sound like love at first bite. Peanut butter and chocolate, who could resist the combo?

    ReplyDelete
  26. My daugheter was just telling me today how chocolate and reeses cups is her favorite combo, coincidence I don't think so. Time to roll up my sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look so indulgent! Great pick for the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love it! Looks so rich and moist and this is a very dangerous sweets that I know I won't stop eating!!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  29. A great treat to make for special ones! Brownies always make one feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi peggy these peanut butter brownies look wonderful....I like to eat:).

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ummm yeah. I would totally prefer these brownies to crack. Actually...I woul prefer them to just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow. What a neat group! It definitely puts us into action, because we always visit other blogs and think we will do others' recipes but life gets in the way while we are trying to keep up with ours.
    How do you join the group? Could you email me the details (ilke.mcaliley@gmail.com) ?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am guessing crack has nothing on these. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  34. mmmmm...those brownies look divine! Great idea of using peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! Peanut butter yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love peanut butter in brownies! So, so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look great! I LOVE the pb/chocolate combo, as does the BF so I think I make something pb/chocolatey biweekly, at least! I might have to give these a try next.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These look amazing, I'll definitely be trying them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These look moist and chewy! I must go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I know what to make for the next church potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These look freakin' amazing! Being a huge fan of peanut butter in desserts, and loving the first topping in these, the rice krispies'crunch' in the second topping just makes it that much more amazing. Great SRC submission! Making these!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yummm peanut butter and chocolate are soooo good together!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I so want to say that I'm going to make these...but they look TOO good! I'm afraid I would eat the whole batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. These brownies look & sound heavenly! What a fabulous combination.. You're right - I wouldn't want to share these! Thanks for sharing this, Peggy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a fun recipe. I would need seconds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  46. These brownies look outrageous! Great SRC choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. YUM! How could you go wrong with an ingredient list like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm going to make these this weekend... but i'm not going to be the unsalted peanuts in them. Do you think this will make a difference? I'm going to take them to work and you never know who is allergic to peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Stopping by from SRC Group C!

    Yep, these look and sound delicious! Adding this to my "to make" file ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your site is wonderful. I’m so satisfied to have discovered you.I appreciate to this one.
    digit emb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails