Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Radishes with Herbed Butter


Happy Wednesday guys!  It's mid-week and I'm definitely anxiously awaiting for the weekend to arrive!  I need it!

Now, it's kinda late, so I'm gonna post something rather quick.

Radishes are one of those things I can take or leave.  They're okay, but I think besides their somewhat peppery taste - just don't do anything for me.  But add some butter (that's been laced with garden fresh herbs), and we have a different story.  A quick and easy snack - or even a snappy appetizer in a pinch for a dinner party.


Ingredients:



1 bunch of radishes, cut in half
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
small handful of fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, oregano - whatever you prefer)
salt and pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, combine the butter and herbs of your choice - I think I went with some cilantro here.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

You can be fancy and put the butter in a pastry bag to top the radish halves, but I went old fashioned and just slathered a bit on with a knife. 

And voila, instant snack.

And really, the herbed butter can go on practically anything you put butter on - not just radishes!


Have a great rest of your Wednesday, even though there's only about an hour left of it!

Don't forget, if you have a CSA or Farmer's Market haul you'd like to share - e-mail me at mtlabor85@yahoo.com and I'll include you in the roundup tomorrow afternoon!

30 comments:

  1. So simple...reminds me of these little radish tea sandwiches I made once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I am not a Radish fan and in honest find them not that good, but what you have done here sounds kind of good, I think I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a huge radish fan...but I think this recipe might just sway me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never put butter on radishes, but it is an intriguing idea. I'll have to try it.

    I also gave your blog an award, so please do stop by my blog to accept it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very simple and interesting! I first thought it was cheese on top. It's butter! I love radish and might give this a try... very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always knew the French eat radishes with bread and butter but have never tried it. So you are definitely on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is kinda interesting! I've never tried it raw but I guess the butter & herbs make it a delicious snack. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So quick and easy recipe, looks fantastic. Loved the new header :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a great and simple combo Peggy, never actually gave a thought on how you have created this simple snack. Learning so much from your recipes on how others prepare different styles of food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMM I love that peppery taste of radishes, especially added to salads, yum! You had me at herbed butter on this one though. I think I would eat anything with herbed butter on it! Nicely done. Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very simple and interesting! but I'm not make before try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought of putting anything on a radish. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I typically don't like radishes, but if any recipe gets me to fall for them it's this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I love radishes. I always joke that my German ancestry is to blame, but really I just love how they kind of make your nose feel funny if you eat enough of them (and I always do).

    I love them sliced with salt, layered on top of slices of tomato and stacked onto crusty bread. My squeeze just stares at me like I'm nuts (& I guess I kind of am).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never had radish with butter before, but I know some people like it as a snack just dipped in a bit of salt. I on the other hand always pickle them. Yes they will loose the nice colour, but they taste soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been a huge fan of radishes before, but I think I might like them with this yummy looking herb butter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sliced radishes with butter and salt on a baguette, but I'll have to throw in some herbs next time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO simple but so ingenius and TASTY! :) Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never thought of this :D Awesome idea.. Looks so creamy and yumm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. interesting recipe you got here :) Love your new background! So sososo cute! Have a lovely day!

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a simple and refreshing dish! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that herb butter would be lovely on many different veggies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really intriguing post. You often write a intriguing article. I look forward to uncover more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've always wanted to try this ever since I saw Ina Garten do this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Going home to make herbed butter. no joke. I think my radishes at home need a little more time in the ground, but they'll be ready soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love me some radishes! This sounds like a great recipe to try!!!

    One should not be as excited as I am over radishes... lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love the idea! for more kick, try chilli, lime zest and coriander butter next time! ;)

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/03/baked-egg-in-jacket-sweet-potato-with.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails