Friday, October 8, 2010

On Vacation!

Well... sad to say, but my run with Project Food Blog is over.  At first, I was pretty disappointed, but then I got to thinking... this competition really got me to step out and try new things, be a better blogger (I hope!), and to just be honest with what I do.  As much as I wish I could have moved on, I realize that this is survival of the best, and the best seriously did move on.  There's always next year!  And you better believe I'll be cheering on the sidelines.

As most of you know, I'm in Florida at the moment, hanging out with family and checking out the sites.  So I'll leave you with my two favorite pictures I've taken so far... they both make me smile, and I hope they do you too!


9 comments:

  1. It's understandable that you'd be disappointed, but I hope you realize how special your blog is, and how enjoyable -- and there's always next year!

    I so enjoy reading your posts, and seeing what you're cooking, and hearing about your fiance's take on everything you make. You're a blog star in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gecko is adorable! I'm sorry you didn't make it to the next round Peggy...you totally deserved it. But at least we are in good company. I think we all learned a lot, met so many great people and tried things we wouldn't have done before. And you know I will always be a fan of what you are doing here. Your blog brings such joy to my days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey love,
    its the experience and fun that counts! don't be too upset with it. not worth it :) next year!!!

    have a lovely thanksgiving weekend!
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're from Louisville!? Fun! AND you're brave enough to go to culinary school. I love you already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Pictures! The beach looks amazing :) I'm sure you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you'll have a wonderful time. Do always what is right for you gal!.

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on getting so far! and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you didn't make it, but being in sunny Florida celebrating with the family sounds like a pretty great consolation prize! Next time, you may just win... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails