Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Best. Ice. Cream. Flavor. EVER.

It's my guilty pleasure
So in accordance with my new blogging schedule, I've got a little tid bit today.

I'm not normally a dessert eater.  I can make them, but I don't usually eat them.  Not because I don't want to, but because Andy usually eats them all.  Just joking.  But seriously, I like watching other people eat desserts more than I like eating them myself.  I know, I'm weird.

So anyway, a few months ago, I had never tried Boston Cream Pie before.  Mainly because I don't like things with cream in them (i.e. cream filled donuts) and so I guess I associated that with how Boston Cream Pie was supposed to taste.  Well... until a few months ago, when our good friends Ike & Becca had us over for dinner.  For dessert, Becca had bought a Boston Cream Pie and some vanilla ice cream.  I thought, what the heck, everyone else is eating this (and I'm sure I'd had a few drinks by then too), so I indulged in something new.  AND I LOVED IT.  I think Boston Cream Pie has got to be my favorite dessert ever.

So good we bought two!

Well... until a few weeks ago when I stumbled into the ice cream section at Whole Foods.  I was perusing the case to see if any new flavors had come through, and much to my amazement, after glancing at the Ben & Jerry's section... BOSTON CREAM PIE FLAVORED BEN & JERRY'S.  My jaw literally dropped.  So of course, I threw a pint into my basket and went on my merry way.

So that night, after dinner, I told Andy I had bought a new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor... the Boston Cream Pie.  So we carefully opened the bad boy up, stuck a spoon in there, and grabbed ourselves a bite.  And it was pure bliss.  EVERY BITE.... was pure bliss.  I don't even know how to convey how much I love this ice cream. (And no, Ben & Jerry's did not pay me to say all this... although if they want to send some Boston Cream Pie ice cream my way, I would not complain)

This is my dorky, ice cream changed my life face
 Moral of the story... find yourself some Boston Cream Pie Ben & Jerry's.  It will change your life.

What about you guys?  What's your favorite ice cream flavor?  Have you had the pleasure of trying the Boston Cream Pie Ben & Jerry's?

7 comments:

  1. holy cow I haven't seen that flavor yet....but I love B&J's mint oreo, sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had ice cream for awhile now. Not an ice cream fan - especially when its freezing here in Toronto!! sucks!!


    Have a great day!
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable. And I am a big Ben and Jerry's fan. I have never tried or even seen their boston creme pie though...I've been avoiding the ice cream aisle for a few months now. I am going to have to get Ryan to go and buy me some while I'm at class tomorrow night. It sounds like the perfect treat to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, I hope I find this flavor at the commissary today!!! I haven't had Boston Creme Pie in ages!

    My favorite always been cookies and cream and butter peacan. Recently I bought Midnight Cookie from Haagen Daaz, and it was orgasmic. Gotta try this Boston Cream Pie Ice Cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ice cream and believe it or not have never tried Boston cream pie either! Will be sure to taste it when I fly over...no B&J's here. Sniffle

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm... I love half baked and phish food too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails