Monday, October 4, 2010

Grilled Peaches

Happy Monday!  This Monday is especially great because I officially started vacation today!  I don't have to go back to work until next Wednesday!  Major excitement there because I've needed a break from that place for quite some time.

Just a reminder, voting for Challenge #3 of Project Food Blog has started today and continues until Thursday, so if you would be so kind, check out my entry here, and vote here.  As always, you guys are THE best!

This past weekend was the first time I had to bust out my green pea coat because it was a tad on the chilly side.  I love this fall weather!  So to reminisce about the summer, and I'm sure this can count as an early fall snack too, I've included this grilled peaches recipe!  I just absolutely love grilled fruits and peaches are BY FAR my favorite from the grill.  It's simple, it's flavorful... and there's nothing better than having that juice run down your chin.  Yes, it's sublime.  So let's remember summer together and bring in the fall with these peaches!



Ingredients:


4-5 peaches, cut in half and pitted
2 tablespoons butter, melted
8 tablespoons brown sugar
cinnamon (optional)


Preheat charcoal grill to medium high heat.

Brush each peach half with some melted butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top, as well as a dash of ground cinnamon, if desired.

Grill peaches face down for about 5-7 minutes.  Flip over and grill about 2-3 minutes longer, or until peaches just start to wrinkle and get juicy.

Remove from grill and enjoy pure happiness.  Seriously... grilled peaches are one of the simplest pleasures that I find absolute joy every time.  Enjoy guys!

P.S. The blog Torview is doing an awesome Food Palette series and a couple of my dishes are featured on there right now... so check it out!

9 comments:

  1. Aren't grilled peaches amazing? Especially with some Mexican Vanilla Ice Cream. Gosh, I'm hungry! Too bad that peaches are out of season down here. I went to buy some at the store today and they were already 4 dollars a pound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmm grilled peaches are so delicious! I can't wait for our stone fruit season to begin here in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this is such a wonderful way to bring out the flavour of peaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya! Thanks for your visit to my blog! I like yours, it's really nice and interesting!!
    Cheers
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grilled peaches look amazing, I love to put a little cinnamon on mine too. :) Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for a break from work! LOVE the photo of the peaches on the grill!! This recipe looks yummy- specially with some cream or ice cream! MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good! I've grilled peaches before, but neven with the addition of the brown sugar....I've got to try that out. Sounds very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm, I just got some plums at the store and might want to grill them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my space...I loved this recipe...it shud have tasted yumm...with the great flavour of cinnamon and butter...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails