Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Steak Sauce Kale Chips

I've been wanting to make kale chips for quite some time.  And when I had an over abundance of kale from our CSA, I knew it was due time.  But I didn't want to make any old kale chips.  I needed to kick them up a notch.  And that's where steak sauce comes in.  Who says it's only for red meat?  Whoever did, is quite wrong.  Because it's also a perfect match for kale chips.  I may even go as far as saying that it's a genius idea on my part.  But I won't gloat too much - it is getting late, after all.



Ingredients:


1 bunch of kale
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
D.I.Y. Steak Sauce

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Remove stems from kale and tear into large pieces.  Place in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.

Drizzle steak sauce over kale (about 2-3 tablespoons) and toss to coat.

Line the kale on the baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until kale is crisp.  Watch it carefully because they can go from crisp to burnt in a blink of an eye. 


And then enjoy the best snack known to man.  Well, maybe that's pushing it... or maybe it's not.  Needless to say, these were darn tasty - so I suggest you try them soon =)  If not the kale chips, the steak sauce itself is worth the time.  I seriously put it on everything!  Have a great rest of your Wednesday night guys!

And don't forget that tomorrow is CSA Thursday so e-mail me at mtlabor85@yahoo.com with your CSA/Farmer's Market/Garden photos/blog posts and I'll include them in the round-up!

22 comments:

  1. These chips look mouth watering good! I've never made/tried kale chips, but it looks delicious! I wish my grocers would lower the dang prices on them!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kale in my garden is just about ready for harvesting, and I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something new to me but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does look healthy deliciously done Peggy thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an innovative kale chip recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kale chips are a huge trend right now, who would have thought? right? I'm on a hunt for Kale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya know, I've never had kale chips, but I've always wanted to try them. Yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never have had kale chips... I might just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasty and and perfect snack! Steak sauce is such a great addition to this chip...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried kale chips but I will have to remedy that very soon. They sound delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still have yet to make these. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This must have been awesomely crispy and crunchy, the pics says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo you definitely raised kale chips up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to try the steaksauce. My american "Mom" used to ship Lea & Perrins steak sauce over, but it's not made anymore and I haven't found a new favourite. I think that was the best. Do you have a favourite storebought steaksauce you can recommend??

    /Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very creative! I really like this! Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Peggy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been wanting to try kale chips for a while too! Your description about it makes me want to try it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a perfect, delicious snack! I've always wanted to try them too, but still haven't attempted them. I'll have to try these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! BBQ sauce! How had I never thought of that? Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love kale chips. I always make them the same boring way - salt, pepper, olive oil. I love the idea of adding sauce. I will have to give it a go next time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these chips! I usually deep-fry them & put over Kale stalks. Thks for the alternative method!

    Oh Peggy, won't u go crazy over my latest Angry Birds Collection @ Angry Birds Onigiri Lunch Box (Part II)? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've tried making these before and I loved them. They're crispy like potato chips, but without the greasy guilty feeling. Adding steak sauce is pretty genius. I must try it next time I make these.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails