Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Special Day & A Special Guest Post!

Don't worry, the CSA post is still coming up later on this evening...

July 14, 2011.  Today is my two year blogiversary!  Can you believe I've been at this for this long?  I never would have dreamed I would have fallen in love with food blogging, let alone not gotten bored with it.  I've made so many dear friends along the way (and I hope to make many many more!) and I think that's been the main reason I've stuck with it.  The blogging community is such a supportive part of my life and I really want to thank you all for sticking around with me =)

But today is extra special because I've got a special guest poster.  The person whose voice remains silent amongst it all - mainly because he's stuffing his face with all the delicious (and not so delicious) food I make! 


So if you haven't guessed yet - it's ANDY!  The "Fiance" part of My Fiance Likes It So It Must Be Good.  So without further ado, I'd like to let Andy take over and show you one of his favorite things to make!


So hello all! This is Andy, the grand inspiration for Peggy’s blog!!!
 Actually Peggy’s love of food and photography are the reason for this awesome place where so many people have come to acknowledge her tasty creations and good stories.
I think it’s awesome that she has found this love and passion for this wonderful hidden talent that she continually grows from and is continually inspired by. I am very proud of her accomplishments and look very forward to sharing my life with her and her being a part if mine!
She asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to celebrate her 2 year anniversary of her blog, and I said “heck yeah!” I will be a guest food blog champ!!!
So, let’s talk food!
I didn’t know I loved this meal until we visited her brother James when he lived in Savannah, Georgia.
We ended up at this swamp/bayou style eatery with a baby alligator farm out front, which Peggy happened to forfeit her camera lens cap, when it accidentally fell in while taking pictures of the baby alligators… Anyway we got a seafood platter for two which had crab, shrimp, crawfish, potatoes, sausage, and other things I don’t remember, but I do remember it was good! So that is my inspiration for this meal…
If you can buy food and boil, you can make this…

Ingredients:
(Really anything you want to boil, but here is what I have chosen)
(2) Lobster Claws
(2) Decent sized snow crab claws
(1) Half bag of yellow fingerling potatoes
(2) Cobs of corn cut into pieces
(2) Overflowing fistfuls of shrimp
(1) Large U shaped chicken sausage cut into pieces
A lot of melted butter!!!
A lot of shakes of old bay seasoning all over the place!!!
The messier the better!!!

Steps to make this awesomeness!!!
First I place the potatoes and corn in the boiling water for 6-8 minutes
Next I add the chicken sausage and let everything cook for another 3-4 minutes
Last I throw everything in and let her boil for about 10 minutes…
After I deem all satisfactory, I drain the water and drop a stick of butter in to the pan to melt all over the goodness inside… I also place another stick of butter in the microwave to use for dipping everything into.
The last step is to shake old bay seasoning healthily over everything including the dipping sauce!
I hope you try this, or expand my idea and create your own! It’s easy and tasty!!!


Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that Peggy turns into a savage beast when eating this and usually requires a full roll of paper towels or a shower after!!!!
Thanks for reading and I hope you continue to support Peggy, she really loves this and enjoys all you readers and friends she has made!!!
Cheers and tallyho!
-Andy
 

So there you have it.  And no, I really don't turn into a savage beast when eating this - well... I mean, look at it.  It's not the most prim and proper meal out there - you really have to dig in and eat it! I want to thank Andy for guest posting today and giving you a glimpse of the amazing, goofy, and supportive man that I get to happily spend the rest of my life with!  Love ya babe! 



Stay tuned for later today when the CSA round up is up - still time to get it on the action (e-mail me at mtlabor85@yahoo.com!)

18 comments:

  1. Aww it was so fun hearing from Andy! And he shared such an awesome recipe...I've heard a lot about these boils but have never had one! Looks delicious.

    Happy two year blogiversary love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to celebrate with y'all! Congratulations and great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary Peggy!

    Andy - it is SO nice to meet you and you have a real winner in your gal!

    Down here in the South we call that Frogmore Stew! It's really popular for get togethers - unfortunately, with my seafood allergy, I don't get to have any of it...

    ...but hubby does! He gives me a kiss before starting, eats himself into a stupor and then I hose him down, disinfect him and won't kiss him for 24 hours! It's a ritual he's willing to endure for it.

    Your photos and dish look amazing and I'm SO happy that I stumbled upon Peggy's site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably sounds really cheesy but reading your man's words of support made me get a little emotional. You truly are blessed. Congratulations on the blogoversary Peggy! Savage beasts unite. I'm right there with you. I would lick off the butter running down my elbows without shame. Yummy! Great guest post Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply AWESOME!
    The food...and your blog-aversary...AND the fact that you have one awesome guy there:)
    Hope your day is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogaversary!!! This sounds sooooo awesome!!! Love that the fiancé did a guest post! Good man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! And this is the best way to celebrate your special post with Andy! Hi Andy!!! We heard SO MUCH about you and we're very happy to meet you here! You two are like me and my husband. Both like to eat and enjoy cooking! This looks fantastic! We have a famous boiling crab place in the Bay Area, but we can do this at home with your recipe. Looks good... I can imagine two of you digging in. Happy Brogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! So wonderful to meet the fiance! Well done, Andy. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Hi Andy!! The food looks awesome!!! :P

    Congrats on your 2 year blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This food looks amazing, and so does Andy. Thanks for stopping by my place. Can't wait to get back over here and read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your blogiversary! This meal is beyond words. It looks so good! I definitely need more boils in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how cute that your now fiance guest posted! I LOVE food and will definitely be checking yours out for some good eats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary! :) What a cute post!!! I love that you are celebrating your two year anniversary this way :) Andy - The food looks amazing! I could so dig into that right now! It's fabulous that you cook together :) Thanks for sharing, Andy & Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to meet you Andy, that meal is just the sort of dish I could sit down and eat right now, magic :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Andy, good to finally meet you. Great recipe. And congratulations Peggy on your two-year blogversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Peggy on the blogoversary! Keep up the great work. Nice to see a post from your fiance :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy blogoversary Peggy!! I've really enjoyed following your blog and reading about all the tasty food you make! Such a sweet post from Andy =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails