Thursday, July 14, 2011

CSA Week #11

Both Andy and I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on his post from this morning!  And if you haven't read it, check it out here!

And now let's check out this week's CSA!

  • Carrots
  • Sweet Onions
  • Green Beans
  • Beets
  • Basil
  • Cucumbers
  • Zucchini & Summer Squash
  • Mizuna Greens
  • Broccoli
Just look at those beautiful orange carrots!  I've been dying to get some pickling done this year, so I know they'd be perfect for it!  Might have to make some banh mi sandwiches later on!

We've got 4 other bloggers to check out this week!  So exciting that we're growing bit by bit!

First up is Kristy from Gastronomical Sovereignty.  Kristy's blog is new to me, so I'm so glad she found me and joined up this week!  After perusing her blog, I know I'll definitely be a regular because she's got awesome recipes (wine poached pears, anyone?) for anything you can think of!  And check out the awesome box her CSA comes in!

blueberries, arugula, beets, dandelion greens, lettuce, italian parsley, snap peas, summer squash, turnips, and a ton of beets

And Lyn from Life Lyn Style is back with both of her CSAs for the week! 


raspberries, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, beets, green onions, kohlrabi, potatoes, and sugar snap peas

Next up is Sam from Cooking My Way Through My CSA!  I mean, her blog is about all things CSA, so I am so glad she joined in for all the fun too!  Check out Sam's blog to see how she makes her way through her CSA - she's got an awesome Zucchini Pasta that I'm dying to try!  And those purple carrots are gorgeous!

Japanese turnips, Collard greens, Lettuce, Green beans, Zucchini & Yellow Squash, Purple carrots, Basil, Raspberries, Blueberries
And last, but certainly not least, is my fellow Kentuckian, Mindy from The World In My Kitchen!

Carrots, Rainbow Chard, Red Potatoes, Cucumbers, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Okra

So thanks to everyone that participated this week!  And sorry it's so late - but tomorrow is Friday and we're celebrating with Bourbon!  So be back tomorrow to see what I've got in store for ya =)

***If you guys received a CSA this week, what did you end up getting?  I'd love to have a weekly round-up of your CSA goodies (if you participate in one), or even if you made a weekly visit to your Farmer's market (or even just picked from your own garden!) - I'd love to see the local produce everyone gets!  So feel free to e-mail a snapshot of your goods (as well as your name and blog title (and don't worry if you don't have a blog, your name will be just fine!) as well as a link to your blog) at mtlabor85 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll post them in next Thursday's CSA post!

13 comments:

  1. I'd get that first CSA for the box alone. :) What great stuff. I didn't get a photo up this week, but I finally got my first carrot from the garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful food. I love it when the food is beautiful enough to photograph before it's even cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the greens ;-) Gotta google what Mizuna Greens is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed your blog since I've stumbled upon it. I don't get a CSA - the closest one is 35 miles away, which doesn't make sense with today's gas prices. So...I haunt the road side stands nearby.

    I enjoyed your hubby's post!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog :-)

    All those fresh vegetables and fruit look so inviting, I'd enjoy cooking with any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my vegetables come from my garden so I guess I have my own CSA!!! Yesterday was peppers, chillies, beans, chard, sorrel, cougettes (round and long), tomatoes and potatoes. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Among all Peggy, I am attracted to the beet root.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so neat to see the variety out there. I wish we had a local CSA so I could join in on the fun. It must be so fun to see what you get each week. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your CSA feature! Can't wait to get in on one next summer when I'm not moving around. Those carrots really do look fab...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me want to join in all the fun! Especially everytime I see the beautiful seasonal veggies and fruits in the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to discover that you do this CSA round up. Well, I only participate in the summer months since I like the vegetables that come through during that time. Will need to remember to send you pics of my deliveries next year! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails