Thursday, July 7, 2011

CSA Week #10

Hey guys!  I know it's a tad late, but it's Thursday which means it's CSA day!  So check out what we got!


  • Potatoes
  • Red Cabbage
  • Beets
  • Turnips
  • Apples
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Kale
  • Basil
Definitely excited about the apples and those beautiful carrots!

Now let's check out what others got this week:

Lyn from Life Lyn Style sent in these beauties...

Onions, radishes, green onions, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, rhubarb, kohlrabi, collard greens, lettuce, & snow peas



She even made a trip to her local farmer's market also: Whole wheat pastry flour, sausage, bison hot dogs, grass-fed cheese, honey, kale, apples
Mindy from The World In My Kitchen is back from her 2 week European vacation (I'm definitely jealous!) with her CSA:

kale, carrots, onions, beets, fingerling potatoes. tomatoes, basil, okra, beans
And finally, Lori over at Fake Food Free sent over her Farmer's Market goodies (check out that watermelon!) - and you definitely want to check out her post for the Filipino-style pork kebabs - being Filipino, I definitely know I'll be trying this very soon!

kolhrabi, candy onions, cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, watermelon and potatoes from the Boyle Co Farmer's Market  
We had a record of 3 submissions for this week's CSA round-up!  Thanks for Lyn, Mindy, and Lori for taking part in this - you guys are awesome!  Let's strive for 4 next week, maybe? 

***If you guys received a CSA this week, what did you end up getting?  I'd love to have a weekly round-up of your CSA goodies (if you participate in one), or even if you made a weekly visit to your Farmer's market (or even just picked from your own garden!) - I'd love to see the local produce everyone gets!  So feel free to e-mail a snapshot of your goods (as well as your name and blog title (and don't worry if you don't have a blog, your name will be just fine!) as well as a link to your blog) at mtlabor85 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll post them in next Thursday's CSA post!  
See you all tomorrow - I'm off to roast some chicken with some root veggies!

14 comments:

  1. I used to get an organic food box delivered by bicycle. Man, I miss British Columbia! We're moving in 2 weeks, and if I can find a CSA, I'll absolutely join in your CSA party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at those colors in your share this week! And I thought mine was a veritable rainbow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the CSA pics! I'd contribute if I belonged to one....maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see other's CSA's. I did them for a while, but it was over 35 miles EACH WAY to get them - it didn't make sense to me. I hope they start one closer. In the mean time, we have a farm stand twice a week nearby that I go to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to send a photo this week but forgot to shoot one! Will try next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That's great you're getting apples already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo jealous of the collards and whole wheat pastry flour!! I definitely need to figure out how receive CSA here!! I know of 3 people who does but none of them live in my region. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all those market goods, doesn't fresh basil and herbs smell wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  9. great healthy veges with beautiful colors. I like the red potatoes but its quite pricy for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing these fresh vegetables! Make me want to go to a farmers market!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so great! No CSA for me this year but I'm heading to the farmers market shortly. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fantastic, Peggy! Really beautiful colors and so fresh! Love it. Congratulations to you too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those veggies look good. I'm so jealous of the cherry tomatoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our CSA is coming tomorrow... Can't wait to see (and show you) what's coming!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails