Thursday, July 28, 2011

CSA Week #13

It's CSA Thursday guys!  This week we got our first ears of sweet corn of the season - I definitely know I'll be heading to the Farmer's Market this weekend to find some more because I love it so much!

  •  Peaches
  • Nectarines
  • Eggplant 
  • Purple Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Sweet Corn
  • Cucumbers
  • Basil
  • Cantaloupe 
  • Okra
I'm definitely looking forward to using up this week's share!  Possibly some ice cream in the works with those peaches?  Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me!

Now let's check out some other blogger's goodies!

Mindy over at The World In My Kitchen:

Fingerling potatoes, Hothouse Tomatoes, Heirloom Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Okra, Sweet Onions, Basil, Shallots
It definitely looks like Mindy was loaded down with delicious tomatoes!  And her Okra Succotash recipe looks like the perfect way to use up our own okra, as well!

And Kristy over at Gastronomical Sovereignty:

red chard, some beautifully fragile and amazing red lettuce, cucumber, golden beets (my fav!!), green onions, fresh blueberries, curly parsley (not my favorite), snap peas, spicy arugula, and new garlic
It looks like Kristy and I share a love for golden beets!  Can't wait to see what she ends up doing with them!

So thanks to Kristy and Mindy for joining in on the CSA sharing today!  Want to join next week?  I'd love for you to!

***If you guys received a CSA this week, what did you end up getting?  I'd love to have a weekly round-up of your CSA goodies (if you participate in one), or even if you made a weekly visit to your Farmer's market (or even just picked from your own garden!) - I'd love to see the local produce everyone gets!  So feel free to e-mail a snapshot of your goods (as well as your name and blog title (and don't worry if you don't have a blog, your name will be just fine!) as well as a link to your blog) at mtlabor85 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll post them in next Thursday's CSA post!

See you all tomorrow (it's Friday - yay!)... we're ending on a sweet note - so don't miss out!

11 comments:

  1. It's so good to see those fresh tomatoes rolling in...this is the best time of the year!! Peaches, berries, melon...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so exhausted from our Hall of Science field trip this week that I forgot to send mine! I got: cucumbers, eggplant, arugula, lettuce, onions, basil, dill, peppers, zucchini, gooseberries and red currants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I'm intrigued by those purple peppers and the raspberries look so good! Thanks for the info last week, I put my name on a list for next year's CSA and I've been looking into an organic door-to-door company in KC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy the new header looks cute
    I don't if they have CSA here in Toronto this looks wonderful have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I love to see the colorful baskets you get - they are so incredible! Looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loves your new header, so sweet & cute.
    And a beautiful basket of vege.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be hitting a couple of markets while San Diego next month. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think our corn is going to be miserable this year. The drought has not helped at all and the plants are all half size!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so fresh Peggy and the potatoes, ah!!! we can have loads of it everyday, which ever way its cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red lettuce looks so good! And okra, raspberry, and tomatoes...how I love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those nectarines look great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails