Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shh... Don't Tell

Is it bad that I get excited over finding glassware?
My parents left this morning to visit my sister in upstate New York.  Since my other sister was on her way back from Florida today, there was nobody to go walk my parent's dogs. 

And since my place of employment is just a few blocks from my parent's house, guess who was forced to volunteer to do so?  Yeah, me. 

So I took it as my chance to raid my parent's house.  And I found these bad boys... of which I'm borrowing.  Indefinitely.  Or until I'm found out and forced to return them... which then my mother will presume I really liked them and get me some for myself.  See how this process works?  It's win-win.  =)

It's bloody cold outside (it went from 80's to 40's - and I'm a NOT happy about that!).  So I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to finish our bookclub book for this month (The Other Boleyn Girl - it's over 600 pages!).  Enjoy the rest of your Thursday guys!

And check back tomorrow for some ice cream.  I'm hoping if I post that, it will tempt the weather gods to return my warm weather.  I demand it!

16 comments:

  1. You are a good / naughty girl, I would say well balanced girl.
    Great dishes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my mom was always willing to part with her kitchen treasures, too. Aren't moms wonderful????

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahahaha! I used to raid my moms closet a lot - not the kitchen though =) silly girl! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly a win-win situation for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I raid the mom's kitchen and took almost whatever i can carry in check in luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing your mom doesn't read this blog! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, the weather did that here too. So annoying! I used to do that with my Mom's stuff too :) So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That weather is a sick joke!! What a tease. Hope it warms up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband was there the other day when it was so warm... It's somehow just not fair that the weather can change so much. Love the glassware!!! yep... I totally get how excited you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, how fun to raid their kitchen. Consider it payment for dog walking services :) Brr, that is horrible weather change. Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are Good at this; can't be the first time. I love these, so I can't blame you.
    Happy weekend,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think it's weird at all that you were so excited about that glassware. I've been known to have fits of joy over cast iron cookware salvaged from my grandfather's basement. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehe...how clever! I shall try this trick with my parents in law. ;-))

    Have a great weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a sneaky snake. I like how you operate. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's the sign of true food bloggerdom to be excited about crockery and other kitcheware items. hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done. =) What is up with this 80 to 40 degree?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails