Monday, February 15, 2010

3-Course Valentine's Day Dinner

I'll have to tell you, Valentine's Day didn't turn out quite how I expected. I've kind of been battling cold-like symptoms all week and waking up Sunday morning was no exception. In fact, it was probably the worst. I couldn't hear out of my right ear because of the congestion, my throat felt like a cactus, and I had a pulsing headache. But I knew I had to make the most of it.

When I finally did get out of bed, Andy had made breakfast (he tried to serve it to me in bed, but I felt like crap and I had 2 hovering dogs so it wouldn't have been a good idea). He kept it warm in the microwave and I came out to a big ol' waffle, bacon, sausage, and eggs. Yum!

Then I went to the computer to check my e-mail and stuff and I came across a card in an envelope and the newest issue of Bon Appetit. I open the card and it says that he bought me a 2-year subscription! I was elated. And the card was too cute as well... it had a bulldog just cheesing (kind of like how our dogs do) and it was just quite cute.

And so I continue the day, in sickness, but in a grand little mood. I made a 3-course dinner, from Bon Appetit's Valentine's Dinner menu and it was just marvelous.

First Course: Large Coconut Shrimp w/ Sriracha


Second Course: Beef Tenderloin w/ Potato "Risotto", Cumin-Carmelized Carrots, & Steamed Green Beans



Third Course: Chocolate Devil's Food Cake w/ Sour Cream Fudge Icing


My absolute favorite part of the meal was definitely the potato "risotto". It was creamy, delicious, and the potatoes were the best potatoes I've probably ever eaten. I could eat the everyday for the rest of my life and be happy. Andy loved the meal and we enjoyed spending the day together and he really gives me more reasons to love him everyday!

No recipe today, but if you'd like to know how any of these things are made, you can definitely check out Bon Appetit's Valentine's Day Dinner menu... I'd highly recommend trying the potato "risotto", if anything!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey!!! thanks.
    U might also like other things which is in my blog. BTW u have a very good blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this looks amazing. and you made all this while you were sick? that's just insane :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I guess you'll do some pretty insane things for love! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potato 'risotto'? How awesome! My DP can't eat rice, so I only get to eat risotto when I'm willing to make a separate meal for him to eat when he gets home. This could solve the two meal problem - yay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails