Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Iron Foodie 2010

I just recently joined the Foodie BlogRoll (I know, I'm a little late on this one!) but I've discovered some cool new contests and food bloggers through it!  So in the next few months or so, I'm sure you'll be seeing me post about contests, such as this one... Iron Foodie 2010.

What is this contest all about?  Well, only 25 contestants are chosen and the lucky 25 get to receive a goodie box of 8 "secret ingredients" from Marx Food Stores (lots of great stuff there so I highly recommend you check them out!).  And with 3 of those 8 ingredients, the contestants must come up with a dish!  Kind of like Iron/Top Chef! Cool huh?

And the winner receives a $200 gift card to Marx Foods!  I'm in on that!

Well, narrowing down to 25 is going to be tough.  We were given these select questions to answer in order to be considered:


Why do you want to compete in this challenge?


Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?
 

What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?
 

Sum your childhood up in one meal.
 

The one mainstream food you can’t stand?

And the following are my answers:

Iron Foodie 2010 | Here's Why that will be me:
MarxFoods.com -- Fine Bulk Foods The Foodie BlogRoll

Why do I want to compete in this challenge?

From the get-go, I'm a majorly competitive person.  You say the word "challenge" and I'm there.  But I most wanted to do this competition, just like any competition (such as Project Food Blog from Foodbuzz, for instance)  to broaden my blogging capabilities.  It's always a challenge to find new things to blog about, interesting aspects of food/meals, and the element of surprise with the secret ingredients is completely thrilling to me.

Whose kitchen would I want to spend the day in and why?

The chefs to choose from are quite amazing and it's hard to just pick one... but I think out of all of them, I'd definitely have to say Thomas Keller.  Why?  Why not?!  I think I would want to know how Thomas Keller works.  How he functions.  Is he calm?  Is he frantic?  Is he an ass?  I think my main reason for picking him is because Thomas Keller's food is the type of food that I want to cook if and when I become a chef.  

What morsel of food am I sneaking away from Andy's plate?

Hands down... it's chicken.  Any way it's fixed - fried, baked, shredded... if he's not looking and there's some on his plate... I'm taking it.  And he usually catches me, but still just smiles and lets me do it anyway!


See... I love me some chicken.
What is the one meal that sums up my childhood?

Filipino Chicken AdoboMy mother doesn't make it as often as she used to, but when she does, everyone in the family knows it.  It's the one meal that people will stop what they're doing and come sit around the table for.  Because it is that good.  It's a humble meal, simple and delicious - like my childhood.

The one mainstream food that I can't stand?

I can't stand a lot of mainstream things, but if I were to choose... it would be bleu cheese.  There... I admitted it.  As much as I want to fit in and say that bleu cheese is delicious and pleasing... I just can't.  I can't get over the fact that it's just... it's just... stinky cheese.  But I know I'll keep trying it in different things... and I know that my tastebuds will continue to say "damnit she's done it again."
 



Well... I hope my answers were interesting enough to be eligible, but at the same time... I hope you all learned a little more about me, and hey... if you want to be my stiff competition and are part of the Foodie BlogRoll... click on the badge above and get started!









7 comments:

  1. good luck! i think you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of the foodie blogroll, but I, too, desire to expand my blogging capabilities. I will check it out! In the meantime, good luck! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First good luck to the competition. Second I think you must change the photo on your profile. you look so beautiful in these pictures. I think you must put one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cutie...and I can't see how these answers don't qualify you for the next round. You are beautiful, and your blog is such a pleasure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm so excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers to you, too! I love the name of your blog and the fact that you will be going to cuclinaryschool after doing biology. I am a geologymasters student and considering stopping to doing something else such as culinaryschool or americorps (and then culinary school). Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails