Friday, July 30, 2010

The Quintessential Summer Meal: The Hot Dog

Sure. I know what you're thinking. You're like hot dogs? Seriously? Hot Dogs? And I say, yes, hot dogs. I know if you peruse down the ingredient list on the side of a hot dog package, it may be alarming (and quite disgusting, to some), but to me... hot dogs scream summer. They remind me of childhood, when all it took was a ketchup smeared piece of meat in a bun of bread to keep me happy. Nowadays... it'll take a lot more than that to keep me overjoyed. (Andy knows this fact more than anyone) But anyway, the hot dog is a lot like me. It's simple. It's a crowd pleaser. And sometimes it likes to get fancied up. Like in this case. The fully dressed hot dog.


Hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced pickles
Shredded cheddar cheese
(And practically anything else you want to throw on there)

There's not really a recipe here. Just grill the hot dogs until they're done, toast the buns, and throw on whatever tickles your fancy. And then enjoy!


  1. Peggy...I adore hot dogs. As a vegetarian, I think about them at least once a week. I'm sorry, but I just haven't found a veggie dog that replaces the traditional links! I am drooling right now!

  2. That is one sexy looking hot dog! Love the lettuce in there to, makes a a whole meal in a bun :)

  3. Mmmm I eat veggie dogs, but my favorite part is definitely loading them up with toppings!

  4. I haven't had one of these in a long time... Thanks for reminding :)

  5. A grilled dog with lotsa stuff....yum!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today, I'm glad I found yours!



Related Posts with Thumbnails