Monday, April 4, 2011

Shrimp Naan Pizzas


 Happy Monday guys!  How was everyone's weekend?!

We got a TON of work done, let me tell you.  I practically rearranged our bedroom this weekend, and I'm still not complete.  I got a couple of things to spice up the room (some artwork, flowers, etc.), so it looks like an actual bedroom, instead of a bare prison cell.  Will definitely have to post some before/after pictures tomorrow.

We're also preparing for some garden work!  We went to Lowe's (which was a madhouse!), and Andy did some mulching and yard work.  I'm planting my seeds indoors this week, and tilling up the rest of my garden bed outside, so hopefully everything will be ready for the end of this week or next.  It's so exciting having a garden!  And the spring weather is absolutely amazing too - although it's raining a tad today.

Oh, and yeah, I'm on VACATION!  It's amazing, and kind of sad having to still go to class this week, but at least that's only 2 hours out of the day for 3 days.  I can live with that.

So on to today's recipe.  Last week's naan was a big hit with you guys and I'm glad!  And the whole reason I made the naan, was so that I could make these pizzas, from the same blog (Food For My Family) that I got the naan recipe from.  If you haven't checked out Food For My Family, I highly suggest you do!  It's full of awesome goodies, definitely kid friendly too!

Ingredients:
Adapted from Food For My Family's recipe


2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 pieces of naan bread
about 12 pieces of rock shrimp, cleaned
1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 400F.

In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic.  Mix well and let sit for about 10 minutes, in order to let the flavors infuse in the oil.

Lay out naan on a baking sheet and spread about a tablespoon of the olive oil mixture on each piece.  Top each piece of naan with about 6-7 rock shrimps.  Sprinkle about 1/4 cup each of pecorino romano and parmesan on each piece, as well.  Divide the dried parsley among the two pieces of naan, also.

Bake pizzas for about 10 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and cheese is melted.  Let sit for about 5 minutes, to cool, and then slice into pieces.


This is a perfect appetizer for dinner parties, or if you don't want to share, you can easily eat the whole thing for a light lunch - which is what I did.  Yes, I'm selfish.  And I'm proud. =)  But I'm sharing with you... so now we're even, right?

Enjoy your Monday guys!  I know I'll be doing some homework (which I should have done this weekend!) and some more cleaning/gardening!

21 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you! Check out my blog: there is an award waiting for you...Naan pizza, very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahah this is a great lunch idea =) I wouldn't share! <3 I have got to try out your naan recipe!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using naan to make a quick pizza. Looks delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely recipe! Hope you enjoy your vacation and gardening time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to vacation! I love redecorating...this pizza looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything with shrimp and using naan to make pizza is genius! Looks fantastic :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thats a wonderful combination in a yum bread...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for vacation...and wow--those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome! Love the idea of topping with shrimp...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are enjoying a vacation and going to class. This shrimp nann pizzas looks awesome delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG these look FANTASTIC! Wow! I wish my hubby could eat shrimp.

    I got lots done in the house this weekend too. It was the perfect weekend for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to use naanbread! They look so good :-)

    My best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naan makes perfect pizza, I hate to admit it but sometimes I buy those frozen naan pizzas. These sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm I love naan. Never thought of making it a pizza base though! What a great idea. Instead of dipping it in curry and yogurt, your version seems so refreshing and tasty! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Peggy! Wow this looks delish! I should keep this recipe along with the naan's recipe. Kids will love it. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a tasty idea! Your naan bread looks awesome, Peggy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That naan sounds like the perfect pizza vessel! I love these toppings. Jealous of your vacation! Sounds like you're being super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazingly good! I have never tasted naan,but you make it very tempting. You really accomplised a lot on the weekend; please show us teh pic when you are done.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love shrimps and I have never used them in a pizza. Excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails