Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Smoked Sausage Fajitas


It's only Wednesday, but I already feel worn out. Waking up early, working, going to school... it takes a toll on me. I can tell you that I'm totally ready for the weekend (which I have completely off from everything). What shall I do? I don't know, but I know I won't be working and I won't be waking up early. That's a good enough combination for me. Well, this recipe is pretty quick and easy. Everything is pretty much already cooked so you just have to get it warm, and who doesn't like fajitas?!?!


Ingredients:

2 large smoked sausages, sliced
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced into thin rings
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon frank's red hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
flour tortillas
shredded lettuce
salsa
sour cream

Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and saute sausage, peppers, onion, oregano, cumin, frank's hot sauce, and red pepper flakes.

Heat until warmed through, about 8 to 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Put mixture into warmed flour tortillas and top with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and/or whatever other toppings you'd like.


See... how extremely easy was all of that? Sometimes you have lazy days in the kitchen, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to lack on flavor or taste! These were scrumptious and delicious even for lunch the next day! What recipes do you guys whip up in no time? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails