Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lazy (Wo)Man's Ribs


You know the keyword is "lazy" here. Lazy doesn't imply sloppy or not good either. Lazy just means that this is little to no effort... and what kitchen gadget provides that little or no effort appeal? You guessed it... THE CROCKPOT! I don't think these recipes are going to stop either, so you better get used to bringing out that thing and enjoying the food that comes out of it! These ribs are truly so easy you won't even believe how great they turn out.

Ingredients:

About 8 or more Pork Short Ribs
1 Cup Brown Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/8 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Turn your crockpot on to the high setting.

Stack the short ribs in first. Then, one by one, just "dump" each of the above ingredients (and feel free to improvise, because that's exactly what I did here!) on top of the short ribs.

Once all the ingredients are in there, you can either use your hands and be primal with it, or take a spoon or tongs and just move the ribs around so that they're evenly coated with all the ingredients.

Then cover the crockpot and cook on the high setting for about 1 hour. Then switch to low and cook for about 8 hours, or at least 5.


Yeah... it was THAT easy. This was probably the best ribs I've made so far. The meat was tender and falling off the bone. There was a sweetness from the brown sugar and a savoriness from the rest of the spices. It was great and I hope you try this! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. yum. My husband is the rib person, but now that it's winter I think I'll take a stab at making yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely do! they're just so easy not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use my crockpot, but maybe I'll have to for this recipe. Seems like a great party appetizer type recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love my crockpot for so many things! i never thought of using those ribs as an appetizer but it seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect timing! We are having a little gathering next weekend and I was wondering about ribs in the c/pot. I may use country style pork ribs though (no bone) so I can cut and put on tooth picks.
    I love your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails