Monday, March 8, 2010

Sweet Chili Chicken Wings


Okay, today was an extremely long day. It's only 8 pm, but it feels like it's 2 in the morning. It was a beautiful weekend so Andy and I went out with a couple of friends and played tennis... FOR 3 HOURS. Needless to say, my body is punishing me today for that. I've been sore and I wore these blasted flats today so now my feet hurt too. BUT! I'm not whining, just venting... so don't call me a baby. And we won't even discuss how the tennis games turned out. That's for another day... when I demolish them all on the courts... until then, I'll leave you guessing.

Then the computers were down for A WHOLE HOUR at work today. Now I don't know about you all, but where I work... it's kind of essential to have computers functioning. Especially when you have people that want their drugs. Not a pretty sight, but thankful that no one got ugly.

Anyway, these chicken wings are awesome... next time I think I'll fry them and sauce them. But if you're still in a health kick, by all means bake them. They just didn't get that "crispyness" that both of us wanted, but they were still finger lickin' good.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
about 20 whole chicken wings
1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce

In a large bowl (big enough to fit all those wings) combine vegetable oil, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes. Toss the wings in the marinade and set in fridge for at least an hour. I left it in there for a good 8 hours while I was at work and had Andy kind of move them around a couple of times in between so get the wings evenly done.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake the wings for about 45 minutes (or until chicken is done all throughout and skin is darkened, flipping after 20 minutes or so.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sriracha, and sweet chili sauce. Toss the wings in the sauce and serve!

All I can say is the sauce on these wings is what makes them! Make sure you have plenty of napkins! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. These look messy but oh, so delicious!

    Wow! I'm already feeling the heat!

    thepenandthepear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks finger-licking good. I need some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Finger-licking good! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! I need to make these asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wings!! With an Asian flair even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these look out of this world. Perfect for, say, a Rangers Game 1 World Series game tonight! I'll be making a lot of these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails