Friday, July 30, 2010

The Quintessential Summer Meal: The Hot Dog


Sure. I know what you're thinking. You're like hot dogs? Seriously? Hot Dogs? And I say, yes, hot dogs. I know if you peruse down the ingredient list on the side of a hot dog package, it may be alarming (and quite disgusting, to some), but to me... hot dogs scream summer. They remind me of childhood, when all it took was a ketchup smeared piece of meat in a bun of bread to keep me happy. Nowadays... it'll take a lot more than that to keep me overjoyed. (Andy knows this fact more than anyone) But anyway, the hot dog is a lot like me. It's simple. It's a crowd pleaser. And sometimes it likes to get fancied up. Like in this case. The fully dressed hot dog.

Ingredients:

Hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Ketchup
Mustard
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced pickles
Lettuce
Shredded cheddar cheese
(And practically anything else you want to throw on there)

There's not really a recipe here. Just grill the hot dogs until they're done, toast the buns, and throw on whatever tickles your fancy. And then enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Peggy...I adore hot dogs. As a vegetarian, I think about them at least once a week. I'm sorry, but I just haven't found a veggie dog that replaces the traditional links! I am drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sexy looking hot dog! Love the lettuce in there to, makes a a whole meal in a bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm I eat veggie dogs, but my favorite part is definitely loading them up with toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had one of these in a long time... Thanks for reminding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A grilled dog with lotsa stuff....yum!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today, I'm glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails